Thursday, January 10, 2008

Is is Live or is it Memorex?

It was a commercial back in the late 70's. I liked it when they played back the Memorex tape and the song that was sung shattered the drinking glass. How cool!

Live = the present.

Memorex = the past.

Focus on the here and now. -or- Focus on the past.

What we choose to focus on can make us or break us.

Here are some scriptures to focus on... Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

We can worry ourselves to death, about anything. And when all our focus and energy goes into that one thing .... we have no more strength. All that energy down the drain. What good did it do to worry about it?

Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God! Psalm 42:11

When I place my hope in God... he pulls me up from the sand pit of yesterday's worries...and places me on higher ground. When I choose to focus on my Lord... then my heart is no longer heavy with fear. Focus on fear and what happens? We fall into the trap of despair.

Be Sure To Tell Your Friends About My Site!

Childrens Bible Coloring Pages

Blog Archive